How To Sew A Dog Harness For it Yourself
A harness is a part of dog gear, originally intended for harnesses of sled dogs. In the future, its role has somewhat changed, and owners of domestic dogs began to use the shley for their convenience and comfort of the animal. After all, the usual collar often injures a pet for a walk. This is especially true for dogs of small breeds that have a very fragile bone system.
Before drawing the pattern for the harness, it is necessary to take measurements from the animal. Especially carefully it is necessary to measure the circumference of the chest and neck.
In addition, experienced dog breeders advise to follow some recommendations:
- choose durable and wear-resistant fabric for sewing (nylon or leather is best suited);
- make several fasteners for convenient use;
- fix the hooks for the leash as tightly as possible so that the dog will not tear them out if it will tear off the leash;
- hem a lining on the stitching, if necessary;
- check the tightness after sewing, the product should not press and be too tight;
- check how the belts are located behind the front legs, they should not be too close to the armpits.
Material for the strap is selected depending on its purpose. For sled stitches, you need to choose dense and strong fabrics; a soft band is suitable for walking.
This walking model is very popular with pet dog owners. It is easy to use, easy to put on and take off. Pattern simple Harness suitable for large dogs, and for small decorative breeds.
Phased process description:
In order for the stitching to serve for a long time, sewing should be performed with a Dacron thread and zigzag stitching. This line allows the threads to stretch a little, thus preventing the gust of threads.
For small dogs and puppies, braces are often sewn as a vest. Such a model is softer and more comfortable than a regular shleya. In addition, a pet in a vest will not be able to harm itself if it suddenly twitches in fear or an emotional outburst.
For the waistcoats, there is no need to build a pattern. It is enough to print the finished one and adjust the size to fit your pet, removing or adding the required number of centimeters in the back.