How To Fasten The Harness For The Dog
»How to wear
How to wear a harness on a dog?
Owners of four-legged pets often prefer a harness. as it reduces the load on the spine. But, if everything is clear with the collar, then it is difficult to deal with the harness for the first time. Thanks to a few simple tips, it will be easy to understand how to put a harness on a dog. Having chosen an accessory of the necessary size, you can start using it.
How to properly dress the dog harness?
The dog, having first seen a new item, may not understand why it was intended. In such cases, as well as, if the pet is a real fidget, the dog can be held slightly with its knees in the waist area of the animal. When the pet is ready for fitting, you can proceed:
- The soft side of the strap should be in the inside, you need to straighten it for easy dressing.
- A closed ring is worn over the head around the dog’s neck.
- The jumper designed to connect the strap and the strap should be turned so that it is in the area of the dog’s head.
- It is necessary to fix the strap at the desired position so that the distance between the ring and the jumper becomes smaller.
- The dog’s right paw is inserted between the ring and the belt. The harness must necessarily lie on the chest of the dog.
- The end of the strap that remains must be fastened under the left paw.
- You should make sure that the harness is well fixed, and at the same time does not create discomfort for the dog and does not press anywhere.
- It remains to fasten the leash. and you can go for a walk.
How to put a harness on a puppy depends on its age and temperament. Too small or playful puppy can not stand the whole procedures. The rules of how to put a harness on a Chihuahua are no different from the general ones. Of course, each dog has its own character, and it must be considered first of all. When choosing a harness, it is also important to remember how the dog loves to walk and what exactly it needs. Remember that the pet will need to jump, run, fall in the ground in this harness, choose practical and comfortable models of soft materials.
The rules for putting a harness on a york, a poodle, or any other breed of dog are the same. The main thing that the pet was comfortable.
← Click Like and read us on Facebook
Untrained dog commands can harm not only others, but also itself, so at an early age should start raising a pet. Our article will help you teach your dog the fu team.
If the dog refuses to eat and only drinks water – this is a serious call warning of the danger to the pet. What could be the reason for such a phenomenon and what measures should be taken, read on.
If the dog does not eat anything and vomits it, you should contact a specialist as soon as possible, because this may indicate both a natural cleansing of the body and a number of serious diseases. More about the possible causes of this phenomenon, we will tell in the article.
Some of the habits of our favorites can not only surprise us, but also seriously perplex. For example, the phenomenon when a dog eats feces – is it normal or is it a call about pathology? Read about it in the article.
How to choose a harness on a dog, how to wear an accessory?
The harness is a convenient accessory to ensure complete control over the animal during a walk. But if the device has never been put on the dog, its use can cause discomfort and even frighten the pet. Let’s find out what should be oriented in order to choose the right harness for the dog, how to dress the specified product.
What is a harness?
To figure out how to properly put the harness on the dog, it is worth considering the design of such an accessory. The device has the appearance of a thin strap that wraps around the body of the animal in the chest and shoulder blades. Buttoned harness on the neck and abdomen. The little ring, from which the leash departs, is on the withers, which does not make the pet feel discomfort as a result of excessive pressure on the neck.
Types of shlek
- Standard – represent the usual walking option. The ring for fixing the leash is placed between the blades of the animal. Devices with a minimum number of belts are used for walking small dogs. For fairly large pets use standard harnesses with an abundance of straps.
- Towing – to use such ammunition resorted mainly during the competition. The harness of this type can be seen in dog sledding. The defining difference from the previous version is the presence of wider, more durable belts and fasteners.
- Weights – apply if you need training pet, strengthen the underdeveloped muscle mass. Often, these devices are used in the recovery period of the pet from injuries and fractures of the limbs.
How to teach an animal to harness?
Experts recommend starting from the first months to throw a harness on the dog. How to wear such a device, consider next. Puppies more easily get used to the new attributes that appear in their lives. Therefore, in this case, the harness will not cause them extra discomfort.
To teach an adult animal to use the accessory, you need a good patience. To begin to wear the product should be at home. Once the dog gets used to such a leash, the owner can proceed to control the movement of the animal. After that, it is worth some time to practice on the street, choosing for this place without people, other animals and urban transport.
How to dress a dog harness: step by step instructions
To quickly prepare an animal for a walk, using a harness, you should use the following recommendations:
- How to put a harness on a dog? The scheme involves straightening the leash so that its soft part is located inside. If an animal resists, it is necessary to clamp its body between its legs.
- The upper and lower loops of the harness need to be put on the dog’s head. At the same time supporting, vertical strap should be located in the chest of the animal.
- On the side of the loops that are already worn, there are several straps where you need to put your pet’s paws. The ends of the straps for the paws should be buckled.
- In conclusion, it suffices to correct the harness, to make the necessary adjustments, pulling the fasteners and fasteners. Before you take your pet for a walk, it is worth checking whether the harness is removed through the head. You also need to assess the reliability of fixing elements where the animal’s paws are passed. If the harness falls off, it is worth tightening the mount more tightly. Ultimately, the front strap should be located in the pet’s chest, and the D-ring for the leash – between the shoulder blades.
How to make this accessory?
If you wish, you can try to make a harness on the dog with your own hands. How to put on a hand-made accessory will be much easier to understand. During the work will require the following tools and materials:
- nylon sling width of about 30 mm;
- material for the manufacture of lining in the form of flannel fabric or felt;
- steel rings;
- snap buckle;
- durable thread;
- sewing machine.
For the manufacture of the braid is better to use solid steel rings. If the specified structural elements will contain cuts, with strong jerks, the latter can be straightened. It is worth picking up rings in which you can freely stretch several loops from the lines.
How to make a harness on a dog, how to wear such an accessory? To get started is to make measurements of the parameters of the body of the animal. Measure should chest circumference behind and in front of the limbs of a pet. Next, determine the distance between the shoulders of the dog.
Work begins with the cutting of the lining. The material folded in half is superimposed on the slings that will pass in the chest area of the animal. Kapron slings are stitched together with a lining. With the help of scissors, all excess parts are carefully removed, the edges are machined with machine stitching.
The buckle-lock is attached to the lines in the chest area of the animal. Additional material length is provided for adjustment. The leash ring is sewn on the top of the product. It is desirable that the latter is ultimately located exactly between the blades of the pet.
During the assembly of the device it is recommended to periodically put it on the animal, making the necessary adjustments. This will ensure not only a comfortable fit for the dog, but also ensure that the four-legged friend does not break loose during the walk.
So we looked at how to wear a harness. The dog is supposed to keep the dog tight during this procedure. A suitable-sized product will not only ensure complete control over the animal during a walk, but also make it less uncomfortable to wear the accessory. Proper operation of the harness does not make you worry about the safety of the four-way friend and allows the animal to experience the world around it.
But put a harness on the dog
There are several types of shleek on dogs. Some are divided into categories of use. Others – on the materials used. Third – in size, etc. Harness are common for walking dogs, coupling, guard, riding, special. Each of them is useful in certain situations. But we are more interested in ordinary harnesses. They are needed to evenly distribute the load on the chest, if the dog is strongly torn forward. Most often, leather, nylon, and leatherette are used as materials of the shlek. Consider how to properly put the harness on the dog, so that she and the owner were as comfortable as possible.
It is important to properly put the harness on the dog
Scope of harnesses
Harnesses are the best alternative to collars. The one who held the dogs knows that the collar can cause serious neck injuries. For example, when a dog sharply rushes to the side or its owner pulls it. There are micro-movements of the vertebrae of the neck and back, which in the future causes pain and developmental defects. Sometimes the thyroid gland is injured. In addition, a tight collar interferes with breathing.
The harnesses consist of several straps, covering the dog’s body on the chest and under the paws. If the harness is matched in size, it evenly distributes the load when jerking. In addition, the areas of the body where the straps are fixed are less traumatic.
Begin to use harness still on walks with puppies. First, they get used to additional ammunition. And secondly, do not choke on collars with leashes, trying to wriggle to the side. Due to the structure of the skeleton, the pups of some breeds are even shown. As a rule, these are stocky, strong breeds with thick necks: amstaffs, boxers, bulldogs, rottweilers and the like. Also harness shows dog miniature rocks to protect their fragile skeleton.
Enthusiastic dog breeders use special harness on duty: for training dogs to search by smell, for dog training, towing, weighting harness, sledding, etc. Ask why they are in a normal family? In fact, there are quite a few applications. For example, towing harness will be useful to lovers of active sports. Of course, units take part in dog sledding competitions. But with the help of a towing harness a strong dog can ride a skier or a skier with a breeze. A riding harness is conveniently attached to the usual sled. If you trust a dog, then it will be happy to ride the kids in winter. Weighting harness is an excellent trainer for strengthening the muscular system. However, before using them, you should consult with experts: with a veterinarian about contraindications, and with a cynologist about the training regimen.
How to wear a harness
To properly put a harness on the dog, it must be properly selected. For this, the girth of a doggie’s chest is measured. The size of the harness is determined by the table. Naturally, there will be no ideal values. Therefore, the sizes of shleek are given with variations: from the maximum to the minimum. After all, the length of the straps is regulated within the indicated limits:
Belt width in mm
Breast coverage from max to min (cm)
Leonberger, St. Bernard, Newfoundland, Great Dane