How To Take Measurements From Dogs For Harness
A harness for dogs as an alternative element of ammunition for walking and training has a large number of fans among dog owners. Its value is explained by the creation of the most comfortable conditions for animals, allowing them to properly distribute the load on the skeleton and avoid possible injuries.
To get the perfect result, It is important to choose the correct size.
Too tight or, conversely, too free, it not only does not help your four-legged friend to train, but also harms.
How to measure a dog when choosing Harness?
The basic principle of the harness – tight fit of the dog’s body and proper load distribution. Belts should not move, sag or, on the contrary, severely bump into the skin. That is why it is so important to accurately determine the size of the stitches.
- Measure the volume of your dog’s neck (can be measured directly under the collar). The front point should be located on the keel – the protruding bone under the dog’s neck, the back – on the edge of the front shoulder blades.
- Now we determine the chest girth (position the tape a little behind the front legs, focusing on the widest part of the chest), keep in mind that you should throw a couple of centimeters on the free fit.
- The dimensions of the dog hats mean a small gap of a few centimeters, which you can correct with straps, but still try to take measurements as accurately as possible.
How to measure a dog for the selection of specialized shleek?
Belts for weypulling or rides have additional belts, which, of course, also need to be fitted perfectly. It is necessary to measure:
- The length of the back (from the front edge of the shoulder blades to the base of the tail).
- Chest girth behind the front paws.
- Neck girth at the widest point – from the keel to the place where the leading edge of the shoulder blade begins
Knowing how to measure a dog for harness, you can easily shop online. After conducting the necessary measurements, choose the model that best suits your pet. However, we understand that sometimes it is not enough to determine the size of the stubs of the two parameters. Individual features of the hull structure can make their own adjustments If the purchase does not suit your pet, you can return it or change it to a more convenient model.
- The belt should not crawl around the dog’s neck.
- Between the neck strap and the skin should be two fingers.
- The back straps should be slightly apart from the dog’s front paws so as not to rub the skin when moving.
- Pull on the leash – while the front strap should not crawl onto the trachea!
And only after you make sure that the harness fits perfectly, you can start training and active walks. We wish your four-legged friend good health and success!